Friday, 6 September 2013

FIRST ATTEMPT


Good afternoon folks, well I hope you are having a good one, but then again with all this rain forecasted for those of you in the south it's maybe not that great.  I know the likes of Christine and Jenny need there water supply and water butts filled, but over night rain would be better.   We have been lucky and had some really nice days this week not warm first thing but mid afternoon has been ok.
I just can't get over how dark it has got, I was up at 5.30am and it was very dark, lights having to go on, and the same at night oh where has the summer gone.

I have been playing making the Origami Box that Patricia makes also Christine had up about a week or so ago, now I love these boxes and decided to have a go doing one following the tutorial that Christine gave the link to on her blog, and this is my first attempt.




I made it using some of the double sided card that I got from Lidl,the lace I have had for years, the flowers well these are some that Patricia had given me a long time ago and I found them when I went looking for thing to decorate the top, the butterfly and pearl dots, bow etc. are bits from stash.
I know it's not perfect by a long way but I am pleased with my first attempt. And as they say practise makes perfection.

Well that's it for today, I'd better get back to work a pile of ironing awaits, and seeing how its Friday again I like to leave on Friday knowing the ironing all done,, note I didn't say done and put away, I leave that for them to do.   

Thank you for all your comments I love reading them all, husband does say " I see you have got a load of e-mails what did you put up today"

Have a good weekend and I hope the rain isn't that bad.

Hazel xxx

14 comments:

  1. Well that's one fabulous origami box Hazel and certainly doesn't look like a first attempt!! The colours are great and the pearls, butterfly, lace and ribbon are lovely, and set off nicely by Patricia's roses.

    We had some overnight rain but not a great deal, so let it rain all night tonight and I will be a happy bunny!

    Have a good day. Love and hugs from Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hazel
    We are very wet in the Midlands Im afraid.
    I can't believe this is your first attempt at this box . Its stunning. We all have our own definition of perfect but I, for one, can see no flaw in this.
    There is a diverse mix in Malaysia. Some cousins are married to partners of Chinese descent and one whose Hubby is of Indian descent.
    My Dad was a blond haired, blue eyed Englishman. Mum had brown hair and dark brown eyes. I've ended up in between the two lol. . . . .Light brown hair and mid brown eyes.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous first attempt, Hazel! Your box looks beautiful. Love the colours you chose and of course, Patricia's pretty roses x

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is fabulous Hazel - such a cute box - love the colours and decorations too. Its raining here - lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Sis!!! For your first attempt this is fantastic.
    I love how you have decorated it, not because of the flowers. The whole thing is beautiful.
    Next thing you have to do is learn how to do the Roses. Once you have done a few you will be off and running, popping them on everything that sits still......LOL
    Maybe a wee Cuttlebug and a few "basic" Dies is lurking in the horizon............!!!!
    Happy crafting
    Hugs

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hazel,
    what fabulous first attempt at this box. I can see your sis having a little competition along the way soon. lol.
    Talent sure runs in your family for sure.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous box Hazel. I loved making them at Christmas last year. Hugs Rita xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! I don't believe it's a first attempt Hazel, it's wonderful, obviously gift box making is a gene thing. beautifully decorated, and Patricia's roses just add the finishing touch. Have a lovely weekend, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Hazel, WOW! This is beautiful, well done you. Love everything about it.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Hazel, boo to the ironing but if you want some more I'm always happy to help out!
    Love your box and just my colours.
    Have a super weekend whatever you have planned.
    Hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!! This is wonderful Hazel. A really fabulous design. I love the paper you used and gorgeous embellishments, especially Patricia's wonderful flowers.
    I hope you have a good weekend
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning for a first attempt Hazel, keep it up girl and you will be outdoing Patricia. Maybe a way to go yet but you must master the roses.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful box Hazel. I'd never have guessed it was your first attempt. The flowers and pearls are a lovely addition.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Evening Hazel, this is a beautiful box..wonderful! Love the papers and your gorgeous flowers; 'd never have thought it was your first one :) Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete