Wednesday, 28 August 2013

MY ALTERED BOX


Good evening, I was hoping to get this post written up this afternoon when I was sitting at Spanish, the girls get a hour lesson and I thought oh I can write my blog while sitting there. Stupid me you need Internet connection, yes the Spanish teacher has wifi but it's terrible.  She has students who are in the flats next to her house and it a shared connection, so if the students are working at home it can't cope.

So I had to wait till I got home and had tea. if you remember I got a bargain of some little boxes from Lidl the other day, well I had a little play and using the template of the flat box I made a base deeper than the Lidl one not difficult but more a useful depth, I kept to the same size lid.  This is my box.
I wanted to make a box to hold these products


I am pleased that it turned out ok, the L'OREAL products were in a box but it's  wasn't that nice infact it was a very cheap nasty looking thing.  Now I feel I can give this to my friend.   She loves these creams, and I know she will be more than happy to have these as a present.
Sorry the base is now 71/2cm deep, I made another 5cm for another gift.  I made the bases out of some of the 12x12 card stock I got the same day.  

Well it's been a long day I had to be in work for 7 am today and I got home at 6.50, granted I had time off from 8.45 till 2pm,  I meet up with Patricia and another two friends for a chat and a cup of tea during that time, but from 2o'clock it was none stop of seeing to the dogs taking the girls to Spanish which is a 30 mile round trip and from there to Cupar for swimming lessons.  

Thank you for calling in to see what I have been up to, also for all your comments.

Hazel xxx

12 comments:

  1. Hola Hazel
    Has sido una nina ocupada hoy!
    Love what you have done with the box to make it suit your gift. Your friend obviously likes Loreal because she's worth it! . . . . . Sorry, couldn't resist that lol!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Hazel, I'm just smiling here at Ang's comment above, she's a hoot.
    anyway to your box..... its lovely, lovely papers and makes the gift so much more special.
    Had a long day myself, went off to Glasgow today at 8.30 a got back in the house at 9.30 but had a great girls day out all by myself. Especially in John Lewis, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hazel,
    great revitalised box. You done a wonderful job of this.
    I bet your friend will be soooooo pleased to receive it.
    Great idea making the box larger, and making a template of it.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hazel, oh yes your altered box is 100% improvement on the original..gorgeous, your friend will be thrilled! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would just like to say I actually design the boxes for L'Oreal products!!!

    Only joking! :) Lovely altered box Hazel you have done a really good job on it.

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so much better than the original. Makes you wonder why they use such cheap stuff, but I guess it would then reflect in the price. Much better to make your own personalised packaging. Love from Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hazel that is a great transformation, I love what you have done, makes it so much more expensive looking. Much better than the original packaging.
    The boxes out of Lidl were a fantastic buy. As you know I could sell card the amount of stock I have. There is no way I could make 9 pretty boxes so quickly for £3.99. Plus they had all the extras....ribbon, tags and "Sweet Bags"....bargain!!!
    Hope the eye test goes ok
    Hugs

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These boxes look great Hazel. I'm sure your friend will love receiving these. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great transformation Hazel, love the stripey card. Really make the gift more special. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi hazel. I found you lol!
    So glad you have a blog now. I'm also glad your ok. Thank you so much for your comment on my blog.
    I love how you've done this box and it makes such a difference to the gift.
    Have a fab weekend sweetie!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry I missed these Hazel, it' been a hectic week!
    Anyway, better late than never - this is wonderful and makes such a big difference.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the way you parcel up gifts is much nicer than the boxes things come in. I love your bright and cheerful strips.
    Happy crafting, hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete