Monday, 5 August 2013

AN EXTRA RUBY ANIVERSARY GIFT


Good evening everyone.  I hope you are all in good health and if you are a little under the weather here is a (hug).

I had a lovely break away Tammy and I did 856 miles all told.  We shared the driving so it wasn't to bad, and it was lovely seeing friends again that I haven't seen for about 2 years.  Tammy enjoyed seeing her god parents she hasn't seen them for 4 years with having two little boys its not always easy to get away.

We meet up with Michelle (happy 2 craft) yesterday for a cup of tea and a chat.  Michelle is lovely and seeing I have only been e-mailing her for about 9 months and felt I had known her personally for a while, a bit like when Patricia and I meet Wilma (Scottish crafter) and Kate (culliesocks) .

This evening I am showing an extra gift I made for Kathryn and David the friends I was down visiting. It was their Ruby Anverisary a few weeks ago, we had sent a cheque for them to get euros to spend on the holiday they went on, but I wanted to give a little gift, they have just down sized to a smaller house and she had been telling me that they had put in a  new white bathroom suite and retiled with plain white tiles as she was sure what colour she wanted to go for, so this ways a change of towel colour would change the look.  So I decided to make up a basket using red, black and white. This is what I did.




I found this range of Baylis and Harding which was a bit different and then got red bath towels and white and black flannels, put them in this large basket then clinged it and tied organza ribbon round, and as usually one product moved I redid it but forgot to take another photo.  I could have left it and said it moved while driving but I wouldn't have been happy.  An extra strip of double sided tape on the back of the bottle was just enough to stop it moving.

Kathryn was very pleased as she had been trying to think if red would be colour she would be happy with. Having known Kathryn for over 25 years I told her I didn't mind if she didn't like the red  I wouldn't be upset she knew what I meant.

Any way that's it hope you haven't fallen asleep with all the waffle.
Thank you for all the lovely comments on my wedding gift.

Hazel xxx

16 comments:

  1. Fabulous gift box Hazel, love the colours.

    So pleased you and Tammy had such a lovely time, it's good to catch up with old friends,and to meet new ones too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This if fab Hazel, love the gift basket. Glad you are enjoying your hols. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just catching up after my holidays! Love this Hazel, I bet they look fab in the white bathroom. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hazel
    Another lovely and thoughtful creation.
    Gosh, didn't you do some travelling. At least you are flying in November.
    It's not waffle, it's what has been happening to Hazel so you carry on!!!
    Take care.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hazel,
    another great basket of bathroom goodies. I bet she was so pleased with them.
    I'm glad you had a great weekend. All those miles though, good you could share the driving.
    Thank you for getting back to me about your ribbon.
    Have a wonderful crafty evening.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Hazel. My goodness, that's a lot of travelling. Glad you both have a lovely time. What a wonderful Wedding Gift too. I love your choice of colours. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great and I know Katheryn & David will have loved it
    Hugs

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to have you back safe and sound I personally love to hear all your news and what a lot of driving! Lovely creation again Hazel very thoughtful you are with your shall I say ingredients for your gifts.:)

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had a good time Hazel, the basket looks brilliant, love the red! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hiya hazel - thanks for popping over to my blog and leaving me a comment - love this basket - it looks wonderful! Big Hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Hazel, glad you had a good time - your basket is great, I am sure they loved it - I really like the red with the black and white! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've got to get red in there for a ruby present haven't you? It wouldn't be right not too and what a useful present, I think it's fab Hazel.
    Sounds as if you had a good time too.
    Happy crafting, hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad that you had a good time Hazel.
    This is gorgeous, such a lovely gift.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your gift basket looks fabulous, Hazel! Pleased to a you enjoyed your break away x

    ReplyDelete
  15. ruby wedding gifts the perfect present to suit the special couple.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for posting this info. I just to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can't wait to read lots of your posts.
    Regards: aniversary gifts

    ReplyDelete