Wednesday, 31 July 2013

WEDDING GIFT


Good afternoon.  Just a very quick simply put together gift to show you today.

Just after I had put away all the bits from doing the cake and tidying the table I got a call from my oldest daughter asking if I could make up a wedding gift for one of her work team, who hadn't been working long with them but they wanted to give something.   Not a large budget but she told me what the team had thought they would like for the couple,  and this is what I made.




I bought a large tray, two place mats, a bottle of Champagne,  two Champagne flutes and some hand made chocolates. ( couldn't believe the cost of the ten of them) but that's what was asked for.
I used the mats to cover over most of the tray, then just popped the chocolates into the two flutes and placed them at the side of the bottle of Champagne, then I clinged it all up and tied three lengths of organza ribbon round it.  A very simple put together gift.

I am off tomorrow with younger daughter down to Grantham to visit her god parents.  She still calls them Mutti and Dad Da.  (She is 36). June and Sam lived in the house at the back of us, and when Tammy was born they both just adored her even when they had two daughters themselves.  They were a great help to me as I had a band new baby plus the two others and a husband who had shattered his elbow of his right arm, being very right handed he just couldn't do much for himself.  June and Sam stepped in and would help.  We felt that they would make wonderfull god parents.
Tammy feels that seeing how they are now 70 she wanted to visit them. It's been 3years since she last went.  We are combining it with a visit to my friend Kathryn who lives in South Kirby, Yorkshire.
I am also going to meet Michelle (happy 2 craft) on the Sunday, we have never meet but e-mail regularly and I thought it would be lovely to meet seeing how I was going to be staying only a few miles from her and it was on our way home.

Well that's all for now, I will be back on Monday.

Have a good weekend.

Hazel xxx

12 comments:

  1. Oh! That looks scrummy my type of pressie champers and chocs!

    Say hello to Michelle for me!

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous gift pack Hazel. Enjoy your trip - and I'm sure you and Michele will talk yourselves to death!! Enjoy! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks really effective Hazel. Have a wonderful time in Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Hazel.
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Champers and chocs mmmmmmmmm heaven, gorgeous gift. Give my love to Michelle, hope she is Ok.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Sis,
    Great gift, you told me what you were going to do but as always it looks so good when "All Done Up"
    Have a fantastic time away, remember to give Michelle a hug from me.
    Also tell June, Sam, Katheryn & David I was asking for them.
    Safe journey
    Hugs

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great gift Hazel, lovely colours too.
    Have a great time away, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Hazel,
    fabulous idea, especially the chocolates. lol. Mmmmmmm I love chocolate. You must have an endless supply of lovely ribbon.
    Can I ask where you buy it from ?
    Enjoy your weekend. Safe journey.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Hazel
    What a treat this will be for the happy couple.
    My wedding anniversary today so I will have a virtual sip of champers. How do you stop the bottle and glasses from rolling about. I would fear the clink of breaking glass lol!
    Have a safe and enjoyable trip south. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that is a lovely gift for a wedding Hazel and those handmade chocolates can be expensive, but worth it.
    Enjoy your break.
    Happy crafting, hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Hazel what a wonderful designed gift.

    Regards diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely wedding gift...and you made it look extra special Hazel! x

    ReplyDelete