Friday, 19 July 2013

SET MYSELF A CHALLENGE


Good evening I hope you are all well, and that this heat is not effecting you.    I popped into The Factory Shop today and I found this £3 white wicker basket.   I thought that it was a very good price as it is well made.  I didn't know if I would be able to use it, so I set myself a challenge to turn it into a baby gift basket.


After a little bit of thinking I came up with this!!!



I am really pleased with how it has turned out, I have selected a few bits to put in.




I wanted to keep this as plain as possible, so I clinged it up keeping the cling flat on the top and tight round the sides, and oh boy that was a nightmare to do.  I ended up binning two sheets of cling, made up my mind if the third time didn't work I would give up, now I am very stubborn and don't give up easily.



Sorry photo not good but it's the best I could get, the sun is so strong in the kitchen, but if I take the photo in the front of the house it's to dark.  It looks on a tilt but it's the way I took it to not cast a shadow on it.

Any way challenge over I don't know if I would do another one I will put it into stock and see what happens, you never know.   

I am off to do nothing but chill out, been a long week.  At least I am having a few days off as my family are away to Ellie, a little sea village on the coast not far from here. 

Thank you for all your lovely comments on the pendants.

Hazel xxx

13 comments:

  1. Fabulous basket Hazel. You dress them up so well. Hugs Rita xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done a fabulous job with this Hazel. It looks great. I think it's good when we do something to challenge ourselves, or take us out of our comfort zone. Enjoy your break from work. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Hazel it is fun setting oneself a challenge isn't it?

    I seem to do that every day! LOL! Not intentionally you understand, life is a challenge!!

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you did with your bargain basket Hazel! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Hazel after your false starts this has turned out really well as always.
    I love how it has turned out.
    You really do like a challenge don't you!!!
    Enjoy your few days to yourself ....... Remember to yourself!!!
    Hugs

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hazel and well done on acheiving your challenge.
    The basket looks great, and I'm sure it will be well received when it finally gets a home. I do think your ideas are so clever.

    Enjoy your time off and have some me time, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Hazel, a really lovely gift idea.
    I hope you have a good weekend
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The perseverance paid off my dear as your basket is lovely. If that royal baby decides to put in an appearance, you could find a good home for this lol!
    Have a good weekend and make sure you do chill. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Hazel fantastic what a great idea for a baby gift.
    Smiles
    Ita.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love what you've done with your bargain basket Hazel, it looks lovely. I'm sure somebody will be delighted with such a lovely gift.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Hazel, I love what you have created from this plain basket..great idea for a baby gift! Thanks for your comment on my blog today, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Hazel,
    lovely basket and so reasonable. You have made such a wonderful job of redecorating and filling it . I do hope you bought a lot more of these, but knowing you as I do I expect you did. lol.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great basket and cute contents.
    Hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete