Thursday, 4 July 2013

IT'S A GIRL



Good evening everyone, I hope you have all had an enjoyable day doing things that you like doing.
Thank you for all your lovely comments that you left about Harris and if course Beth, I do appreciate them all.

Well my visitors are away taking in the sights of Edinburgh to day and don't expect to be back until late so I haven't had to cook for every one tonight. In fact I have enjoyed having my tea cooked for me, Charlie had it already for when I got in which was lovely. As we haven't been eating until very late by which time I can't be bothered eating, but they are only here for another two days then they head off back to drop there hired car in London then fly back to Canada.  They are already planning to come back next year but just to Scotland they have fallen in love with the place.

Tonight I have a Girl Nappy Cake to show, I had to rush home this afternoon and put this together.  A frantic phone call from a lady that has had a cake before.  " Please can you make me a Girl Cake " her niece had just had her first baby and had said to her mum that she hope that auntie Margo was going to give her a Cake like her older sister had received when she had her little boy.   It didn't have to have lots in it just a basic one please was the instructions.   So in to the gift box went a little romper thing in pink, some pink socks and a little pink sun hat.  I had the 16 nappies round the outside and was  just getting it set up to photograph all the bits, when the phone went again - she is not doing disposable nappies doesn't like to fill the land fill up.  Change of plan and a white hooded towel was put round, muslin pulled over the top, three widths of ribbon tied round, toy popped in the middle. Took the photo of it at this stage and running out of time at a great rate. Just got it clinged up and tied with the matching thin ribbon when the door bell went. Margo was at the door to pick her cake up so she could get over to the hospital to deliver it.    Then I realised I hadn't photographed the contains or it all clinged up, to late cake was half way to Dundee, but this is what the cake looked like any way.




I can't believe how quick I put this together, thank goodness I usually get a little bit more notice!!!
I got a phone call at the back of 5 o'clock telling me mummy loved it, also baby is very cute but no name as they thought it was going to be a boy.  I only hope they haven't bought lots of blue things in hope.

That's it for tonight off to relax back at work at 7.30 am and it will be here before I know it.

Hazel xxx

8 comments:

  1. Hazel you must be so tired. I can remember whilst I was working doing a very similar thing. Trying to entertain and work too is no easy task. I love your Baby Cake. That cute little bear makes a great topper. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Rita. I love having visitors but when you work full time it can be extremely tiring. And then to have something like this thrust on you at the drop of a hat - well done you! Of course now I'm retired things are very different and I can enjoy doing things with people when they are here. Being so far away from my family we do get quite a few visitors. Hope you can relax in a couple days when they are winging their way back home. Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hazel. Another beauty and well done new Mum for not going down the disposable route.
    Such a cute teddy too.
    Take care.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely baby gift cake Hazel. Love the idea that new mum won't use disposable nappies, good for her.
    Guests are lovely to see, but it's always good to get the house back to yourselves again, especially when you work full-time.

    Take it easy, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Hazel for pulling this together in double quick time, love the cute teddy. Hope your visitors enjoyed their day in Edinburgh. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. As usual Hazel another very pretty cake. A pity you had to change it all at the last minute I think that would have thrown me!

    Have a relaxing day!
    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi hazel,
    another of your fab cakes. I bet she will be over the moon with this.
    Have a wonderful craftiest weekend.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another super cake Hazel, good job you keep that "magic wand" well poilshed!!!!
    I am convinced people think we are magicians when they ask for thing so late in the day.
    Hugs

    Patricia. xxx

    ReplyDelete