Tuesday, 30 July 2013

IT'S A BEER CAKE!!



Good afternoon, oh it is lovely being off and being able to do things when I want and not having to wait until I have had tea and tidied up.

Now one of our bloggers has been stamping her feet and making herself sick, (its that terrible Tarus birth sign, being one i know what its like). she just doesn't want to wait to see my finished project, so just for you Heather I have got it to a point that I can reveal what it is.        YES it's a BEER CAKE.     Another 50th one and he is so into his music, I was given a 7ins record, the little sugar craft discs and guitars and an a load of concert tickets photographed and sent to my iPad, with " Mum can you make Derek a beer cake please".  Yes it's for my  son- in-law.

Tammy has kindly said I could do it as a project to show it on my blog, also as Derek won't see my blog she has said it was ok to show it at this stage, there is just little bits to add and I will show that next month just before Derek's birthday.    So Heather and the rest of you here it is now.

 I can only fit in six beers but there is to be music master vouchers
Going in to, which Derek will be over the moon with - more concerts to go to.  He went to his first concert in 1978. That was Jethro Tull, he is still a big fan of him to this day.
 Oh I wish I could get my photos more closer together.  Never mind
At least you can see what I have done.  A lot of work but so worth it.
The record is a limited one out this year.Y

So folks that's what I have been up to.   Please feel free to leave comments on what you think of this one.   As I have said  there is a few little bits to add but they can't be done till next month.  

I am off out to see what I can get to put a gift order together in.  This is a wedding gift, and I have been given an idea of what is wanted.

Look forward to your comments, and thank you for all the lovely ones that you have already left.

Hazel xxx

13 comments:

  1. Hi Hazel, WOW this is amazing, love how you have tied everything together. Bet Derek will love it. You are such a clever lady.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Wowsie! Wowsie! Sorry :feeling guilty now! ( I have no patience what so ever LOL! Hope you did not feel pressured! ROFL! :)

    It is fantabulicious ( A well known crafting term!) and well worth waiting for! Fabulous idea I can see why it took so long. You are so clever Hazel really you are thanks for sharing.

    Crafty Hugs My Friend
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing with such impatient peeps as myself, lol. It is a real treat Hazel and I would love to have a go myself if I ever get myself organised enough and I can stop the cider/beer disappearing. A super keepsake once the inside is dealt with. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! This is amazing Hazel. I love the design and wonderful detailing, definitely worth all your hard work.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hazel , this cake looks as if it will be interesting when finished. Still across the Forth in Haddington. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fab Hazel - lots of work has gone into this and it's well worth it! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hazel
    He can't be that much of a music fan if he likes Jethro Tull lol!
    Fab pressie for someone you know will really appreciate it.
    As for madam, let her stamp away next time for being so impatient lol!
    Have a good evening. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic work Hazel, and I just bet your SIL will be thrilled with it. All the little bits to it are just amazing. Looking forward to the end creation, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Hazel, that's great. Looks even better with all the little tickets, bits and pieces added. Derek will be over the moon when he sees it. I bet Tammy is delighted.

    Hugs
    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Hazel I LOVE this idea....for the man who has it all!
    The box is fabulous.
    I had a super walk thanks although my boy ended up in the sea and we stayed a couple of hours longer than planned. Back out again soon.
    Happy crafting, hugs
    Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Hazel,
    a superb beer cake. Great designing and decoupage. He is going to love this.
    The wedding one sounds interesting now. lol.
    Have a wonderful crafty evening.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks fabulous Hazel and how lovely to receive such a lovely personalised gift! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just too funny, love it.

    Regards diane

    ReplyDelete