Wednesday, 10 July 2013

CHRISTMAS TABLE CENTRE PIECE



Good evening everyone, sorry I haven't been posting for a good few days, but between working full time, babysitting and having visitors I just didn't a minute to spare to plan what I would show you.  I tried to fit in quick looks at what you were up to while sitting having my breakfast. I would give the girls into trouble for reading while eating but they didn't see me. A case of what they don't see I can get away with.

I know a lot of you don't agree with starting Christmas things early, but I really do need to think about making the bits that make up This Table Centre Piece as it takes me a while to cut and sew all the bits, as I do it all by hand.

This piece came about some three years ago when Patricia and I did a craft fair at Glamis (not at the castle it's self but in the Main Street of the village).    A very nice lady stood looking at my beer cake and nappy cake that were on the display stand, then asked me if I would be able to make her a Christmas Table Centre  on the line of what I had done with the beer and nappy cakes. Now I love a challenge, we had a discussion as to what  she would like it do. She had a large family and felt that the Christmas table look cluttered when she got everything laid out and with the crackers it was to much, if I could do it so there were little pots or tubes that could be filled with either sweets or little gifts and if the pots/tubes could be detached so people could take one and see what they had got.  Well believe you me I was starting to think " what have I done saying I could try" as I said I like a challenge so I certainly was going to have one with this.   A lot of my ideas were binned and my patients was tried to its limit.

This is what I came up with and it fulfilled the order and I have sold a few since then. It's  just time consuming, and that's something that I don't always have.





Now I was going to tell you what I have used and how I put it together, but decided I will do that for a post tomorrow.  I don't mind showing you how to make it, as I think this is the nice thing about all your blogs you are so willing to share ideas.

Thank you for all your lovely comments I do appreciate them all.
Call in tomorrow if you would like to know how it's made.

Hazel xxx

10 comments:

  1. Hello Hazel. I know what it's like trying to squeeze everything in to a day. We are swapping houses with Carolyn, our younger daughter and I have been trying to clear things from wardrobes and putting them in the loft on rails. I'd love to make a centrepiece like this and would love a tutorial if you get time. Take time to breathe. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fab idea but don't put yourself in a tiswas over it life is too short Hazel it is fine just to show us. Thanks for your support.
    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super idea Hazel. Love Santa on the top even in July.....but it pays to start early. (I speak from experience.....lastminute.com here!)
    Happy crafting, hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea Hazel, I always have the bits scattered on the table and I think this is so clever. Hope I get this far before Christmas. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing Hazel. Love the idea. All these different gifts you make.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hazel.
    Wow, what a centre piece that would make. Look forward to seeing the instructions tomorrow. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks terrific Hazel what a good idea! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another brilliant idea Hazel, I will look forward to seeing how it's all put together, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well Sis!! you have set yourself a right challenge here.
    I know how time consuming making these is. Take a very deep breath before you start to get it altogether for your next post.

    Folks it is a great centre piece and great fun, much better than Crackers you can get great little gifts in each tube.
    Hugs

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Hazel,
    super table decoration. Lovely all the white and red. Fab idea to put little gifts in the tubes, as your sister says.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete