Monday, 22 July 2013

A LITTLE GIFT


Thank you for popping in and having a look at what I make, and for leaving your comments, I love reading them and I do appreciate them all.

Had to go along to work this morning to collect the keys for the Tack Room to get another set cut, daddy keeps going off to work with the house set in his pocket, so new set getting cut.   While there Nancy the cleaner gave me a bottle of hand wash and asked if I could make it look pretty as it was for her to take when she went to see an old lady that she cleaned for who has gone into a  nursing home.  She just wanted to take something that she knew the lady liked.   This is what I did with it.



The little guest towel is one that I bought when I was in Turkey, didn't know what I would use them for I just thought they were pretty.   It  just turns the bottle of hand wash into a gift.  Tried the two lengths of ribbon round at the one end just to finish it off.

Have been enjoying not doing much and thankfully it was a lot cooler here today, In fact  a cardigan was required when I was out.

That's it for tonight.   Hope none of you have had these thunder storms.

Hazel xxx



12 comments:

  1. Hi Hazel.
    Its been almighty hot and humid today and forecast says we're in for rumbles and wetness tomorrow. Typical when its my day at the shop so I have to go out.
    Lovely little pressy for the lady. I bet she will love it. Hope the Dalyan hotel aren't missing their towels lol!
    Hope you stay dry tomorrow, unless you want a spot.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely gift for the lady Hazel! I was just saying to my husband yesterday I can't remember the last time I wore a cardigan! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful gift, I love how the ribbon matches the colours.
    We are forecast thunder showers, I don't mind if it clears the air.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely, Hazel. Beautifully presented gifts make such a difference and are much appreciated x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Hazel, lovely little gift, love the gorgeous towel. So nice to be able to give a little gift and turn it into something special, we're grey, sticky hot at the moment, but sunshine by midday and rain at 3 o'clock, mm we'll see.
    Have a lovely day, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. As you say the little guest towel really makes this into a super little gift. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Sis,
    I remember you buying these and saying "these are so pretty I will use them for something". There you go a stunning wee gift for the old lady who will love it.
    Better than the bottle popped in a bag any day.
    Enjoy your day
    Hugs

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice Hazel. I bet the poor lady is feeling very sad at leaving her home. It can't have been easy for her and every little gift will make her feel more settled in her new environment.

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely thought.
    I'm sure she'll love it.
    Hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Hazel,
    Yep we sure had thunder storms in the middle of the night.
    A friend who is on holiday in Scotland at the moment sent a card saying the weather was not as good up there.
    Love your idea for the hand wash, such a pretty towel I wouldn't have been able to resist it too. I do like some sort of lace, embroidery, or motif on my towels. I don't like anything that is plain, it must have something on it.lol. Sadly because of my arthritis I have to use very thin towels as thicker and larger ones hurt my arms, when I use them.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  11. fab idea. great gift. love how you have wrapped it x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just had a lovely catch up wander around your blog Hazel, I love the way you can turn things into a gift, you must cause many smiles. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete