Wednesday, 31 July 2013

A KEEPSAKE


Good afternoon everyone.  You know something I could really get use to this having all day to myself.   Retirement I will see by the end of two weeks.    Don't know if husband would like that. Not that he sends me out to work, no could he put up with me being at home all day ever day???   I have always worked even when our three were little and we were posted somewhere that finding a little part time job was possible I would work, I have even worked with a friend where she worked and I child minded her three girls.   So we will see.

Now Patricia suggested that I showed the base board of Derek's beer cake.   I have made it so he can put it on the wall above his computer table and have it as a keepsake.    So here it is.



I have just noticed that one of the little red disc has shifted, not a problem as they are not fixed down they are made from sugar craft so I have taken them off until the day before his birthday. Oh dear not good I now can see the record isn't centred, why do we not see these things until we are looking at it while we type up our blogs - haaaaaaa.  Never mind it's only to show you what I did it will all be right on the night as they say.

Off to do some ironing, don't mind doing the ironing I just hate having to put it away.

Thank you for your comments on Derek's beer cake, I am glad you all liked it, and again I hope I have given you and idea for that man who has everything.

Hazel xxx

10 comments:

  1. Looking good Hazel,
    It looks even better in real life and will make a great piece of art for Derek's wall.

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a fabulous idea that he still has something to keep even after the "cake" has gone. Looks really great Hazel. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hazel I think it looks fab and a great keepsake. I too hate putting ironing away especially after standing so long doing it all....you should see how much I have! boo.
    Enjoy your retirement....more fun time to craft!
    Hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous work Hazel, all the details are great, and perfect for who it is for, Love the colours too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful Hazel, a really fabulous design and a such a great keepsake.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic detail Hazel, also love the colours. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great Hazel. I've been looking at the progress of the beer cake over the last few days. We're babysitting at Crieff so I haven't been online since Monday. Funny how you think you'll have spare time but it never seems to happen!

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Hazel
    Looking good chuck!
    I always find some fault with my cards after I have posted on the blog but too late by then lol!
    Derek is a lucky chap. Can't wait to see the finished result but Im too lazy to stamp feet! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This really is amazing. What an absolutely wonderful keepsake. You are so clever with your ideas but I guess you think that about our cards Lol! Each to their own!

    I don't think I would have the patience to do what you do Hazel

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Hazel,
    a superb base for the beer cake. Now I wouldn't have noticed the things you said if you hadn't mentioned it.
    As you say you don't notice the these until they are on your blog. I have had the same trouble with my baby book card, not noticed the little errors till it's up on the blog. Mind you I had a nightmare with this creation, everything that could go wrong went wrong with it. I really should have staarted all over again, but there was so much work involved, and as it was for family I didn't mind so much.
    My hubby says I'm too much of a perfectionist, it's hand crafted so there are bound to be imperfections.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete