Saturday, 13 July 2013

A GIFT FOR OLIVIA


Good evening everyone.  Well Patricia, Kate and I had a lovely lunch and a very enjoyable afternoon, just sitting chatting and of course lots of laughing, thankfully we were sat away from the main part of the restaurant.   We ask to sit where it was quiet so we could chat, I bet the staff where thinking " they want quiet " why!!!  We had about three hours to catch up on all that had gone on since the last time, and have already planned for Patricia, Elaine and I to go up to Inverness for a meet up and lunch at the beginning of September.  We sure are getting our moneys worth out of our bus passes.

Tonight I can show you the nappy cake I made a few weeks ago but couldn't show it as baby Olivia hadn't been born.  Well she arrived on Wednesday safe and sound weighing in at 6lbs 12ozs. Tiny or what when you here off all these 10lb plus babies these days.

Now don't laugh at the size of the shoes, she will be at least a year before she fits them I think.  My younger daughter gave me all the things that had to go in the box and of course the shoes.



Had the usual problem here the lid keep  popping up so it was taped down.

As you can see it still wasn't sitting right, I would have had to take something out of the box so I just left it.



The photo makes the cling look lopsided but it was ok, I think it was how I took the photo.  

I took the cake and the cards that Patricia had made for her to Perth today, Tammy lives over there. so it fitted in with my day out. I was also able to see our two grandsons.  They have been away to Ayr for a few days, from the photos you would think they had been abroad, not just down the west coast.  So I had to listen to all that had gone on while away, so that was lovely.

Now thank you for all your lovely comment on my Doggie Raffle Prize and no I haven't won it back, they forgot to collect it, seemingly crossed wires between two of the helpers, so I will take it along to one of the rescue centres that are around here and they can raffle it or what ever.  Or I might just leave it in stock, I will see.

Would you believe it Tammy has just phone asking for a boy cake another friend has given birth to a 7lb little boy Harvey, gosh babies are like buses you wait ages for one and two come together, oh I'd better not speak to soon she has another friend who is due in the next week or so.

Well I am off to get my shower and put the old PJ's on and relax, I will make up the boy cake in the morning.

Have a good day tomorrow what ever you may be doing.

Hazel xxx




12 comments:

  1. Good evening Sis,
    Yes this is a fantastic gift, looked wonderful all done up.
    Those shoes were just so darned cute, beautiful soft, soft leather.
    (Hazel had it in the back of the car this afternoon)

    Well did you Kate and I chat or what. Great afternoon that passed to quickly.
    Hugs

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic cake Hazel. Glad you had a lovely day. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fabulous cake Hazel, I'm sure the recipient loved it. Sounds like a great day out too. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks fabulous Hazel what a lovely present! My first born grandson was one of those big babies 10lb 8 oz! He went straight into 3 month clothing and is now less than 3 but always in the next years clothing. He's not fat just tall and sturdy! Glad your day went well with Kate! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Hazel the shoes are so cute. Glad you had a good day.
    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Hazel, beautiful baby cake gift, the little shoes are just so cute.
    Such a lovely afternoon, went all too quickly, looking forward to September, Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Hazel
    So cute. You must have a permanent stock of disposables on hand. If you ever stop making them, the shares in Pampers will plummet lol!
    Thanks for your kind words on my jewellery. You will need to show some of yours too, especially if you have Sue wearing them.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Hazel this is so cute and a great gift for new parents. Super job. The shoes are lovely and it won't be long before she's in them.
    Thanks for your lovely comments too.
    Crafty hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Hazel,
    what a wonderful baby girl cake. Just love your cakes they are sooooooooo great.
    Congratulations to baby Olivia's parents.
    Have a wonderful crafty Sunday.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful gift for a new baby, Hazel. Beautifully displayed, too x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful baby gift Hazel. Those shoes are soooo cute!

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blog is great, you come up with some great ideas, xxxx

    ReplyDelete