Wednesday, 12 June 2013

WEENING BASKET





Good morning and thank you for all your lovely comments on my little AC/DC Fan.

I still can't show you the nappy cake, but this is a gift the customer asked me to make for her 6 month old little grand daughter that she was going to see over in New Zealand.    I thought this would be ideal as she would just be starting on solid food. Plus again it was a light weight basket.

This photo shows what went to the basket:-





I wrapped a fleece blanket round the basket, placed a muslin over the lid, tied it with three widths of ribbon, put a teddy on the top. I placed the basket on to a 12in x 1/2 in square cake board.  I can't show you it all done up in the cling as it didn't photograph very well.  I tied the cling up with the matching thin pink ribbon.




Granny was very pleased with her basket and the contents.  I am always glad that I have made the right choice.   That's all for today.   Off to St.Andrews this morning to take Anna to Space School armed with what I would call junk, but they are going to be making a rocket that will be launched tomorrow.  That should be fun to watch, oh the joys of being a Nanny.


Hazel xxx

9 comments:

  1. Really lovely you have some charming ideas Hazel. Hope you are feeling better after your wee break away!

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great basket, my word they do travel far do they not!!!
    You will need to create a "map" of where your creations have ended up
    Have a great day

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hazel,
    another of your super baskets. The recipient will be so pleased with it. A very handy present to have for a mother who is weaning her baby.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant Hazel! This really is a wonderful idea, and there are so many different occasions for you. Cannot wait to see more! Love from Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful Hazel. It's no wonder Granny was pleased with it. You are so very talented and have given me inspiration to do some scrapbooking too. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hazel.
    My goodness, your baskets are well travelled but not surprised as they are so lovely.
    Last time I went to St Andrews was July 1984. I can be that specific as my Dad and his friends got tickets to the Open so me and my Mum went round the shops, then had a picnic on a grass mound behind the R & A clubhouse. Happy days. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Hazel, yet another marvellous creation, love how put it all together. Your ideas are fabulous. Enjoy your day at St Andrews, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Hazel what a fantastic idea and a lovely gift to give and receive.Enjoy your day out
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your little ac/dc man, what a super collection into this basket. I am so out of touch with things like this so will find your ideas so useful. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete