Tuesday, 25 June 2013

REBECCA




Good evening every one. I hope you have all had a good day what ever you have been doing, and if not I send you a HUG.

I didn't post last night as I had a very busy day, infact I have had a busy two days. I have binned five and half very large bags of paper rubbish belonging to the girls. Why oh why won't children part with  paintings that you cant even tell what it is meant to be, and just bits of paper. It's been in boxes in their daddy study, so I was given permission to sort it out and bin.  So of course I will be the bad one if they find out.  But seeing its been their for over 2years and they have never looked at it, I don't think they will notice it's gone.

Thank you all for your lovely comments on my "Boy Nappy Cake".  In answer to some of the questions. Yes what goes into the gift box is endless as long as it is small enough to fit in, I have had mums who don't want to open their cakes as it would be gone and all that will be left is the box and board.  Now the box can hold so many memories starting with the little name bands, baby cards and even a photo of the said cake.  The cake board itself can be kept and that first birthday cake can be placed on it, and yes if it's a little girl that has received the cake all the hair bands I put round each nappy to keep it rolled tight and the ribbons that are tied round it can be kept in hope that one day she will have long hair that can be tied up using these.

Wimbledon started on Monday as you know, but 7years ago it started on the 26th. The reason I remember this is because our first grand daughter was born that day.   It wasn't a great start as there was only an hours play as it rained so much, but on that day our world was filled with sunshine as this little bundle was born.





So tomorrow this tiny little one will be 7 years old, where has that time gone???

Ang. The Duck Doodahs (Tales from a happy crafter) mentioned the other day, how when she started card making she didn't have all the dies etc. that she has now yet she managed to make beautiful cards.  When I got this page out of Rebecca's book I thought of how at that time I had just started months before scrap booking and hadn't any of the papers etc. that I have now, yet I still love this page.   It's not fancy or does it have lots of embellishments but I think it tells just how much her mummy loved her.

That's it for now, thank you for calling by.

Hazel xxx


7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful page Hazel. Mother Love is unconditional. You enjoy your evening too. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Hazel, what a lovely memory and your page is beautiful. Rebecca is a lucky little girl to have such a crafty and thoughtful Nanna. Looking forward to November. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A treasured page Hazel. Such lovely memories. I love the way the green ribbon running through lace ties it all together.I did my first scrapbook 10 years ago and had no dies whatsoever. But on the whole I am still quite pleased with my first effort. Love from Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hazel, this is such a lovely photo and you've created a beautiful page around it, love that lace and ribbon. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww!! Hazel. I remember this page.
    Beautiful 7 years ago and still precious to this day.
    See you in the morning
    Hugs

    Patricia xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hazel,
    fabulous scrapbook page. Such a fabulous way to keep precious memories, and something to pass on too future generations. Love the design and those papers are glorious, but the picture of Mum and Baby far outshines the rest.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hazel such a beautiful memory for both of you and the little one in turn will share and appreciate the memory as well!I love your page and layout.

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete