Saturday, 29 June 2013

NEW PUPPY GIFT




Good evening,  I hope you are all well and for those of you who are Wimbledon fans I hope you are enjoying it so far.
Thank you for all your comments on my Simple Little Bucket.
Tonight I have gone back into my photos and found this one of my New Puppy Gift that I was asked to make.   The couple who were receiving it didn't have children but loved their dogs.  They were awaiting the day when their new puppy could come home, and their friend thought they would love this gift mainly because it was like the arrival of a new baby.



I took a gift box and wrapped the doggy blanket round the outside and used the lead instead of ribbon.  In the box I put a collar, water/food bowl, a towel, treats, rope toy and a toy that treats can be hidden in - lots of time spent trying to get them out.    I did it up in cling and tied it with cord that had a whistle on it.  All useful things for that new pup.

As for the work being done with the electric cable, thankfully it stayed dry the whole day, other wise my living room and stair carpets would have been in a right mess as the men were in and out all the day, they did put covers down but they moved as the day went on with all the walking on them.  Harris our lab was not over impressed with it all, he is so laid back but the noise got to him.  Our walls of the cottage are 18ins thick so lots of drilling to get through so the cable could be fed through.
But it's all done,  the cupboards have been put back and tomorrow I will have to go for top to bottom doing house work we have visitors from Canada arriving Monday lunch time and I am at work all day from 7.30 it's going to be fun. Thankfully Charlie is very good at helping and doing cooking etc.

That's all for tonight, and thank you for having a look at my page.

Hazel xxx

9 comments:

  1. Hello Hazel. What a fabulous basket. I bet they were thrilled to bits with it too. Glad the workmen got the job done, but it causes such an upheaval everywhere else. Glad at least hubby is able to help. Enjoy your visitors. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hazel, Love the new puppy basket, what a great idea.

    You'll be glad all the work is finished,I had anything being done like that in the house, but needs must sometimes. I'd be like Harris. Great that Charlie is useful, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww! That is so cute I want one and a puppy!!!!Fab idea for someone getting an animal of any kind for that matter. Mind you perhaps not one for an Elephant! LOL!

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous gift for a new puppy. They must have been thrilled. My husband is useless at housework but he is brilliant at any DIY, building, electrics, plumbing etc, so I can't have it all can I? And I have certainly needed those skills over the last few weeks! Lol! I'm glad your work went okay and that it was dry!! Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good evening Hazel. Sooooo cute! You really have great ideas with these gifts. We need to see a pic of the puppy too lol.
    Hate having workmen in but may have to shortly as I think we have a leak in the kitchen. I shall investigate myself first as Im the designated DIYer in this house and as for Mr Duck and housework. . . . . .oil and water!
    Take care
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hazel,
    This one is right up my street, just soooooo cute and a great idea, me too want to see puppy too, hee hee.
    Glad your home is nearly back to normal, enjoy next week with your visitors. Have a great Sunday.
    Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your puppy basket Hazel, another fabulous idea. Don't envy you the task of cleaning up but enjoy your visitors next week. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good afternoon Sis,
    Great idea for a new puppy/owner.
    Glad the house is back to normal.
    Have a Good Day cleaning!!!!
    Hugs

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! National Dog Week is coming up and there is a fun photo campaign that I'd like to share with you for Harris. Can you email me when you get a chance?

    ReplyDelete