Sunday, 23 June 2013

BOY NAPPY CAKE




Good evening I hope you have all had a good weekend.  If like us and your weather has been terrible I hope you have managed to do some crafting while having to stay indoors.   I was baby sitting for our two grandsons last night,  they are no trouble, they know not to play granny up.   We watched Ice Age 2 Andrew loves this film.   I never seem to sit down long enough to watch a whole DVD these days so it was lovely sitting on the sofa with Andrew snuggled up beside me.

I have a Nappy Cake to show you.  This is for stock as I have got a few orders waiting for the babies too arrive, so I decided to do one ready to go. Had a problem with the nappies as the new packet seems that nappies are slightly smaller than before, but hey ho they are designed to do up to 13lbs so they will have to do. I just wish they wouldn't keep changing them.
Any way in this cake I have put in.
18 size 2 nappies
2 wash products
1 sleep suit
1 vest.                                    
1 bib
2 pairs scratch mitts
2 pairs socks

As you will see by the photographs the nappies are round the outside of the gift box, which is placed onto a 15in cake board. I then put a Muslin nappy folded in four over the box and nappies, I tie three different thicknesses of different ribbons, place the teddy in the middle then wrap it up in cling, tie the pulled up cling with thin satin ribbon give the cling a hair cut as I say (hate to see lots of bunched up cling being left) and that's it.








Sorry the middle picture shows the top of the cake lumpy I did sort all this, the box lid ended up 
being taped down and the muslin pulled tight, but guess who forgot to retake the photo yes ME.

To late but it is flatter now.

That's it for tonight. Need an early night this getting to bed at gone 1o'clock is no good, getting to old.

Hazel xxx




12 comments:

  1. Good Evening Hazel, Must say I was so looking forward to seeing this project and I am not disappointed, I think it is a delightful gift. Thank you for sharing. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a stunning gift Hazel and one I can imagine would be very well received.
    Im sorry but I did have to laugh at the" Muslims nappy". It did put strange images in my head lol!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thank you Ang for noticing that mistake, I did check it but it goes to show you only see what you want.

      Hazel xxx

      Delete
    2. My posts are probably littered with typos but this one did make me titter. . . . . Sorry for being naughty! x

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful baby cake Hazel. It looks amazing and I bet it gets lots of admiration too. You're so clever and definitely artistic. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely gift Hazel, looks just amazing. Love it. It can be filled with lots of different items. Hope you had a good night's leep.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Hazel, once again a fabulous creation. Lots of very practical items creatively put together to make a wonderful gift, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun cake Hazel! It's so lovely and the teddy just makes it! You have some really inspirational ideas and I look forward to each new post to see what you have come up with!

    Weather report from mid Kent 'Not good!'

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fabulous idea Hazel and a wonderful gift. Iaacn imagine the new mum not wanting to take it apart!!! Love from Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Hazel.
    as Christine said. such a great idea these different cakes. I'm sure the recipient is going to be soooooo pleased with it.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good evening Sis,
    I am still here..............
    I have seen these from the first one you ever made. It still amazes me how you get them so neat and pretty each and every time.
    Hugs

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nappy Cakes are mainly given as gifts either at a baby shower, or upon the arrival of a new baby. These are constructed with newborn sized nappies rather than larger ones. Thanks for sharing it.

    Baby Gift Baskets

    ReplyDelete